Gnocchi di Zucca
Gnocchi di zucca are a type of Italian dumpling made with pumpkin, flour, and eggs. They are a delicious and versatile dish that can be enjoyed as a main course or a side dish. They are also a great way to use up leftover pumpkin.
What is Gnocchi di Zucca?
Gnocchi di zucca are a type of Italian dumpling made with pumpkin, flour, and eggs. They are typically shaped into small balls and boiled in salted water. Gnocchi di zucca can be served with a variety of sauces, such as a simple tomato sauce, a pesto sauce, or a sage and brown butter sauce.
Why Make Gnocchi di Zucca?
- Gnocchi di zucca are delicious and versatile. They can be enjoyed as a main course or a side dish.
- They are a great way to use up leftover pumpkin.
- They are easy to make.
- They are a healthy and nutritious option.
How to Make Gnocchi di Zucca
To make gnocchi di zucca, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 medium pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, flour, eggs, salt, and Parmesan cheese.
- Mix until the ingredients are well combined and a dough forms.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5-7 minutes, or until it is smooth and elastic.
- Roll the dough out to 1/2-inch thick.
- Use a 1-inch cookie cutter to cut the dough into circles.
- Place the gnocchi on a lightly floured baking sheet.
- Bake the gnocchi for 15-20 minutes, or until they are golden brown.
- While the gnocchi are baking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the marinara sauce to the skillet and bring to a simmer.
- Add the gnocchi to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until they are heated through.
- Serve the gnocchi immediately, topped with Parmesan cheese.
Can make gnocchi di zucca ahead of time?
Yes, you can make gnocchi di zucca ahead of time and freeze them for later. To freeze gnocchi di zucca, simply place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and freeze for 1-2 hours. Once the gnocchi are frozen, transfer them to a freezer bag and store them in the freezer for up to 3 months. To cook frozen gnocchi di zucca, simply thaw them in the refrigerator overnight and then cook them according to the recipe.
Can use other vegetables in gnocchi di zucca?
Yes, you can use other vegetables in gnocchi di zucca. Some popular variations include using butternut squash, sweet potatoes, or carrots. You can also add other ingredients to gnocchi di zucca, such as herbs, spices, or cheese.
What is the best way to serve gnocchi di zucca?
Gnocchi di zucca can be served with a variety of sauces, such as a simple tomato sauce, a pesto sauce, or a sage and brown butter sauce. You can also serve gnocchi di zucca with a side salad or roasted vegetables.</p
gnocchi di zucca
Gnocchi di zucca is a traditional Italian dish made from pumpkin, flour, and eggs. It is often served with a sage butter sauce.
Potatoes, butter, flour, pumpkin, salt, and pepper.
Gnocchi di zucca are made with pumpkin, flour, eggs, and Parmesan cheese.
Gnocchi di zucca are a type of Italian dumpling made from pumpkin.